Welcome to Our Website!
- Do you feel called to a Franciscan Vocation? Would you like to learn about life under a rule, or how this order connects with your particular denomination or expression of the church? Use the "Contact Us" form to send an inquiry to our Director of Formation.
- Do you want to subscribe to our newsletter or make a donation? Visit the Scriptorium.
- Are you a member of OEF who wants to update or manage their membership profile? Visit the Scriptorium and log-in there.
- Want to start a great conversation about life and faith, or introduce yourself to the community? Visit the forums and log-in there.
The annual Chapter and Convocation Meeting for 2016 will be held at Our Lady of Fatima Retreat Center in Indianapolis, IN. The program begins on the afternoon of Thursday, May 26th. Participants who arrive on Wednesday are invited to take time for silent prayer, or connecting with others in the community. Communal praying of the Daily Office begins on Thursday morning. Member registration closes on March 31st, Open registration begins April 1. Register Here.
At present we intend to take up the following discernment at Chapter:
- The election of new members to professed life.
- Q&A on the reports
- Affirming our discernment to use the new statutes
- The Selection of a Servant Council
- Offering Guidance to the Council for the year ahead
We also have a Convocation time the embraces our contemplative life, exploring:
- Praying Ceaselessly
- The Long Loving Look at the Real
- Coming to the Table
We will worship together, four unique experiences:
- Stations of the Cross led by Sr. Markie Oliver, OEF and presented by the always imaginative Mariposa Gathering
- A Thanksgiving for Servants and the Commissioning of the Council
- Our Annual Celebration with Rites of Passage
- Sunday Sending Worship led by Sr. Paula Clare, OEF
Important Documents for Chapter (More will be added as they are available):
O God, my God, we want you first and last, Cause you know our whole past When we see all your creatures, consider their features, we all want to know, O God how does your Spirit flow? Can the voice from the Cross overcoming our loss cry out with…
The figures included have been substantially revised based on new and updated data. Please review them carefully. OEF Budget Narrative 2016 OEF New Budget 2017
Here I am in Rutland, Vermont. Yesterday I discovered I had been invited out for lunch by the WELCA women’s group and that they had even supplied some cheese for me. But nobody told me I was invited, so I missed out. John, Sara & Helen all said that they…
In six days we set off for Convocation so I thought I had better start packing a bag. Well, I found one I thought might do and I was sitting on the couch with the bag busy deciding whether to pack a tasty Kiwi or some cheese or both when…
I let Helen share my rule and rule reports with her good friend from the TSSF and I got my very own email in reply. Oh such excitement! Dear Brother Rat, I should be shocked at your Rule, but have to admit that I see some rather startling similarities to…
Living in a vegetarian household is really getting me down. No meat for months, I almost forgot what it tasted like! So late one night I quietly tip toed outside and trapped a hedgehog. I put it in a pot of water and cooked it up. Helen caught me at…
General Registration for the Annual Chapter/Convocation is now open. If you are discerning a call to the community, this is an excellent opportunity to meet with members of the community, worship together and to learn how the Order functions. You can register by clicking here.
On behalf of the whole Order, we wish you a Happy Easter. May these 50 days be a time of celebration and new life for you.
This month I went on a week long silent retreat with Helen in the Wairarapa. They not only did morning prayer each day but they did evening prayer as well every day. Praying twice a day! Whatever next? As if that wasn’t enough, Helen took me on some expeditions as…